Datasets are useful to identify a set of parameters (variables or settings) you will need to retrieve from your systems.
They can be used to retrieve data on-demand using the Retrieve data action or periodically using the Configure communications in the activity Monitor.
To create a system dataset you need to select the parameters you want from the list of available parameters in the application.
To create a dataset
- Click Configure > Datasets
- Click on the [Create] icon:
- Choose the firmware name and revision you want to use to get the list of available parameters
- Check the parameters you want.
- Click on [Save] and name/or select your dataset. You can optionally describe your dataset. You can use the dataset you created: How to retrieve data from one or several systems? or How to configure a system communication?