Configure your Gateways over-the-air
Mass configuration change
Customize remotely any ALEOS™ parameters for any industrial, transportation, or enterprise application. For mass configuration, templates can be created or modified based on the ALEOS parameters of an existing device or from scratch.
- Configure security/networking settings for VPN tunneling, port forwarding, and routing
- Initiate GPS/Automatic Vehicle Location (AVL) tracking protocols
- Configure I/O settings for communicating with attached assets including legacy industrial equipment
Track which template has been successfully applied to each gateway
- A widget tracks the percentage (%) of gateways per applied configuration template
- The gateway list shows the last applied Template name to each. It can be used as a filter to display all systems with a given template.
Configure different value per device
Configuring your gateways, you may require to specify a different value for each. This is the case for names, identifiers, passwords, or unique configuration parameter like static IP address.
AirVantage provides a way to apply this mass configuration change. The individual settings are loaded from file (.csv format). The gateways can be identified using one unique identifier among:
- Serial Number or IMEI
- ICCID/ESN or IMSI
- IP address
Monitor your Gateways
AirLink Management Services customers can Monitor their AirLink gateways over-the-air.
Configurable interactive dashboard
- The Start page Dashboard is where you can build the summary view of what is happening on your fleet. It is user configurable, so pick the widgets that are the most important for your use case and add them to the dashboard. Online status, alerts or cellular network related information for example.
- The widgets are interactive so by clicking on a pie chart segment you will be taken directly to the corresponding list of devices.
- Includes a map showing the location of devices reporting GPS or with manually configured location.
- Widgets can be configured to plot evolution of collected data, providing additional analytical capability for your fleet.
- Any numerical ALEOS data can be visualized for checking the fleet trend.
- e.g. See the mean, max and min values for the power input voltage of my fleet of AirLink gateways.
It provides access to all gateways along with their status, communications history, configuration and management.
This page is also customizable to present the information that is most important to you.
Manage large deployments
- Finding a device or group of devices of interest is easy using filters. These can be applied for single or multiple variables: filter on gateway type + firmware version.
- Labels gives a powerful way to add flexibility in identifying devices.
They can be used for geographic regions, vehicle types, host device types, application groups, or any other identifier that you would like to apply and use as a search term in the future.
Devices can have an unlimited number of labels.
Create device management operations
- Firmware and configuration templates can be easily applied from this page to a single device, a group of devices by using filters, or to the entire deployed fleet.
- Schedule periodic datasets on any ALEOS parameter and change the reporting interval to AirVantage
- Export historical data to any external system for reporting or further analysis
You can switch to see your systems and status on the map from the system grid, and toggle from one to another.
- In map view, you can still use the filters to drill down to a subset of your systems, the same way it can be done on grid view.
- By clicking on one specific system map marker icon, you will get details about this system and also direct link to launch a subset of operations on this system.
- The number of unlocated systems is reminded on the bottom of the map.
Drill down into the device view
Most recent activity from the device is available from the system details screen. This page provides access into the device communications history as well as device configuration, direct access to AceManager by clicking on the IP address and other functionalities.
The timeline page presents a chronological list view of the device communications history
Data History Page
- Presents a graphical view of some parameters communicated by the device, aggregated over different time periods.
- You can customize it to show the information of most interest to you
- A widget provides statistics about the evolution over time of the cellular technology reported by the device: LTE, HSPA, 3G or 2G. It will help to identify working conditions of your device on the field.
Upgrade ALEOS, radio module firmware and AAF applications for a group of devices.
- Monitor the progress, the status of the deployment. In case of failure, apply retry without redoing the setup.
- AirVantage provides a widget showing which ALEOS versions are actually deployed on your gateways.
- Sierra Wireless team is proposing all new ALEOS firmware packages on AirVantage so you can keep your fleet up to date with the latest features and security patches.
AirVantage provides a way for a user to build custom alert rules. Staff will be notified whenever devices go offline resulting in faster issue identification, less downtime, and fewer field trips.
- The alert can just generate a notification within the AirVantage User interface or be configured to send an email notifying the user immediately of the condition.
- Alert rules can be configured for a single device or group of devices.
- All currently raised alerts can be checked in the dashboard for the fleet or for a specific gateway.
AirVantage provides a way for administrators to create new user accounts and define what they can see and do.
An administrator can:
* define new access profiles and assign them to users
* promote another user to administration privileges.
* configure the external accounts to plug SIM management capabilities
* opt for security options like user access restriction based on IP address or two factor authentication.
More AirVantage features
This was an overview! AirVantage provides even more features, take a look at the Reference links for more details.
Your Internet of Things project
AirLink Management Service is an application built on AirVantage. AirVantage can take data collected from AirLink gateways and bring innovation to business processes, service applications, and revenue streams.
- Integrate your field data with operations, accounting, reporting, sales applications or systems
- Create new web and mobile applications that add value to your employees, field workers, and customers
Check the AirVantage section for details.